For everyone who needs to get up to speed on how blogging is changing contemporary journalism, NYU journalism professor Jay Rosen’s list of Top Ten Ideas for 2004 is essential reading:
- The Legacy Media.
- He said, she said, we said.
- Open Source Journalism, or: “My readers know more than I do.”
- News turns from a lecture to a conversation.
- “Content will be more important than its container.”
- “What once was good—or good enough—no longer is.”
- “The victory of affinity over geography.”
- The Pajamahadeen.
- The Reality-Based Community.
I’ll add the later links as they become available.